Care Center, Inc.
Helping People Cope.
Helping People Change.
- Psychiatric evaluations and medication management are conducted by board- certified general/child psychiatrists. Treatment approaches are individually developed with clients and include counseling focused on problem mitigation and resolution. Therapy is provided by licensed and/or certified counselors and social workers. Confidential HIV/AIDS pre/post counseling and testing are offered without charge by appointment.
- Adult Crisis Stabilization Services
- Emergency and acute care services are provided 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. The crisis stabilization unit (CSU) is a secure environment for adults (=18 years) in need of immediate mental health intervention. Services include psychiatric examination, diagnosis, rapid stabilization, medication, case management, and identification of community resources.
- Detoxification Services
- Medically supervised, non-hospital, substance use detoxification services for adults are provided 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. The detox unit provides necessary medication to ease or eliminate withdrawal symptoms, medical and psychosocial examination, diagnosis, and guidance needed to initiate an alcohol/drug-free lifestyle.
- Personal Growth Center
- The Personal Growth Center (PGC) operates a psychosocial rehabilitation program Monday-Friday for adults with mental illness. PGC also offers Drop-In services 7 days a week. PGC is a consumer-run program that focuses on community integration, peer support, employment, and socialization.
- Case Management
- A case manager refers clients with severe and persistent mental illness to services that will help meet long-range needs. Once the client is linked to the appropriate services, the case manager monitors progress of goal attainment.
- School-Based Services
- GCC offers a school-based, “Life Skills” services at Stanley Switlik Elementary and Marathon Middle/High Schools. Individual and group interventions focus on prevention and early intervention for substance use. GCC also offers a science based prevention program at Stanley Switlik Elementary School.
- GCC provides transportation services and is the designated Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC) and Medicaid Coordinator for Monroe County. The CTC is responsible for administering a countywide system of transportation for all Monroe citizens who are transportation disadvantaged.
- Assisted Living
- The Heron is a state-licensed Assisted Living Facility (#AL8523) providing housing and supportive services to adults with a mental illness.
- Case Management/Services Coordination: Mental Health (Adults)
- Community Integration: Mental Health (Adults)
- Community Integration: Psychological Rehabilitation (Adults)
- Crisis Stabilization
- Outpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Children and Adolescents)
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, color, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or marital status.