Care Center, Inc.
Helping People Cope.
Helping People Change.
- Mobile Crisis Response Team (MRT)
- 24 hour triage and crisis response for youth under age 25 to avoid the need for psychiatric hospitalization, emergency room utilization or jail and link to community based behavioral health services.
MRT hotline (305) 434-7660 option #8
- Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Co-occurring treatment. Psychiatric evaluations and medication management are conducted by board certified, board eligible general/child psychiatrists. Treatment approaches are individually developed with clients and include counseling focused on problem mitigation and resolution. Therapy is provided by licensed and/or certified counselors and social workers. Confidential HIV/AIDS pre/post counseling and testing are offered without charge by appointment. Walk in Crisis Support and open access admissions. Specialty programs like Keys Intervention, Screening & Treatment (KIST), Offender Re-Entry (ORP), Family Intensive Treatment Team: (FITT), and REACH MAT: (Recovery and Extended Addiction Counseling in Home/On-Site) Intensive substance abuse treatment services fall into this category with specialization in various categories. See brochure and handbook for more information.
- Adult Crisis Stabilization Services
- Located in Marathon. Emergency and acute care services are provided 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. The crisis stabilization unit (CSU) is a secure environment for adults (=18 years) in need of immediate mental health intervention. Services include psychiatric examination, diagnosis, rapid stabilization, medication, case management, and identification of community resources.
- Detoxification Services
- Located in Marathon. Medically supervised, non-hospital, substance use detoxification services for adults are provided 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. The detox unit provides necessary medication to ease or eliminate withdrawal symptoms, medical and psychosocial examination, diagnosis, and guidance needed to initiate an alcohol/drug-free lifestyle.
- Personal Growth Center
- The Personal Growth Center (PGC) operates a psychosocial rehabilitation program in Marathon, Monday-Friday for adults with mental illness. PGC also offers Drop-In services 5 days a week. PGC is a consumer-run program that focuses on community integration, peer support, employment, and socialization.
- Case Management
- A case manager refers clients with severe and persistent mental illness to services that will help meet long-range needs. Once the client is linked to the appropriate services, the case manager monitors progress of goal attainment.
- School-Based Services
- GCC offers a school-based, prevention and behavioral health services at all Monroe County Schools. Each school has access to GCC school counselors throughout the school day. Individual and group interventions focus on prevention, early intervention and treatment of substance use and mental health.
- Community Action Team (CAT)
- A team approach that provides community based, complete wraparound care as a safe and effective alternative for youth ages 11-21 with serious behavioral health conditions available throughout Monroe County. CAT hotline is (305) 434-7660 ext. 31101
- GCC provides transportation services and is the designated Community Transportation Coordinator (CTC) for Monroe County. The CTC is responsible for administering a countywide system of transportation for all Monroe citizens who are transportation disadvantaged.
- Assisted Living
- The Heron is a state-licensed Assisted Living Facility (#AL8523) providing housing and supportive services to adults with a mental illness.
- Case Management/Services Coordination: Mental Health (Adults)
- Case Management/Services Coordination: Mental Health (Children and Adolescents)
- Community Integration: Psychological Rehabilitation (Consumer-Run)
- Crisis Stabilization: Mental Health (Adults)
- Detoxification: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults)
- Diversion/Intervention: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Criminal Justice)
- Outpatient Treatment: Integrated: AOD/MH (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Integrated: AOD/MH (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Children and Adolescents)
Guidance/Care Center Inc., is partially funded by:
- Florida Department of Children and Families
- Thriving Minds South Florida contracting as SFBHN
- Monroe County
- Commission for Transportation Disadvantaged
- and other governmental/private entities.
Client fees and donations are also necessary for the operation of the Guidance/Care Center Inc. Private donations are welcome and are tax deductible
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, color, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or marital status.