Care Center, Inc.
Helping People Cope.
Helping People Change.
The Guidance/Care Center (GCC) has volunteer opportunities at the Personal Growth Center, "The Heron", and in Administration/Clerical. Positions include:
- Support groups leaders
- Case Management
- Fund raising and events
- Other clerical
- Support Worker
The benefits of being a volunteer at the GCC include:
- An opportunity to share your talents with others
- An opportunity to help a community organization that affects the lives of people in our community
- The opportunity to gain experience to enhance a resume or graduate school application
- The opportunity to learn more about mental health and substance abuse issues
The Heron operates a US and international volunteer program. The Heron ALF8523 volunteers have come from around the world-from Germany, Great Britain, the Far East, and the Americas. No matter where you live, we invite you to contact us about being a volunteer.
You will find may volunteer opportunities to assist us in this important work. You can become part of our live-in staff with other international volunteers or you can work directly with our residents in other ways- for example, helping a resident shop or learn housekeeping skills. And we need volunteers to help with telephone and office tasks. If you wish, you can work a few hours every week or work at your own pace on special projects. Please contact us directly for further information at email@example.com, and complete the application here. View our flyer here and visit our Facebook page.
If you are interested in volunteering for the GCC, please contact us at (305) 434-7660 or Email Us. We look forward to meeting you and working together to improve the lives of those we serve.
- Case Management/Services Coordination: Mental Health (Adults)
- Community Integration: Mental Health (Adults)
- Community Integration: Psychological Rehabilitation (Adults)
- Crisis Stabilization
- Outpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Children and Adolescents)
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, color, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or marital status.