Care Center, Inc.
Helping People Cope.
Helping People Change.
The Guidance/Care Center (GCC) has volunteer opportunities at the Personal Growth Center, "The Heron", and in Administration/Clerical. Positions include:
- Support groups leaders
- Case Management
- Fund raising and events
- Other clerical
- Support Worker
The benefits of being a volunteer at the GCC include:
- An opportunity to share your talents with others
- An opportunity to help a community organization that affects the lives of people in our community
- The opportunity to gain experience to enhance a resume or graduate school application
- The opportunity to learn more about mental health and substance abuse issues
The Heron operates a US and international volunteer program. The Heron ALF8523 volunteers have come from around the world-from Germany, Great Britain, the Far East, and the Americas. No matter where you live, we invite you to contact us about being a volunteer.
You will find may volunteer opportunities to assist us in this important work. You can become part of our live-in staff with other international volunteers or you can work directly with our residents in other ways- for example, helping a resident shop or learn housekeeping skills. And we need volunteers to help with telephone and office tasks. If you wish, you can work a few hours every week or work at your own pace on special projects. Please contact us directly for further information at email@example.com, and complete the application here. View our flyer here and visit our Facebook page.
If you are interested in volunteering for the GCC, please contact us at (305) 434-7660 or Email Us. We look forward to meeting you and working together to improve the lives of those we serve.
- Case Management/Services Coordination: Mental Health (Adults)
- Case Management/Services Coordination: Mental Health (Children and Adolescents)
- Community Integration: Psychological Rehabilitation (Consumer-Run)
- Crisis Stabilization: Mental Health (Adults)
- Detoxification: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults)
- Diversion/Intervention: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Criminal Justice)
- Outpatient Treatment: Integrated: AOD/MH (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Integrated: AOD/MH (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Children and Adolescents)
Guidance/Care Center Inc., is partially funded by:
- Florida Department of Children and Families
- Thriving Minds South Florida contracting as SFBHN
- Monroe County
- Commission for Transportation Disadvantaged
- and other governmental/private entities.
Client fees and donations are also necessary for the operation of the Guidance/Care Center Inc. Private donations are welcome and are tax deductible
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, color, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or marital status.