Care Center, Inc.
Helping People Cope.
Helping People Change.
The Heron, Assisted Living Facility Program (#ALF8523)
The Heron was opened in 1988 in response to the needs of local families and is a 16 bed Assisted Living Facility with a limited mental health license (#AL8523). Located in Marathon, the Heron provides room and board along with supportive services including transportation, medication management, social activities and links to mental health professionals.
- Affordable housing including 3 meals a day and snacks
- 24 hour availability of staff
- Furnished rooms
- Supportive services
- supervision of medications
- maintenance of an alcohol and drug-free enviornment
- transportation to doctor's appointments, shopping and other activities
- transportation to the Day Treatment Clubhouse at the Guidance/Care Center, Inc
- group outings and activities
- Applicant must have a primary diagnosis of Mental Illness
- Applicant must not have a recent history of violence/aggression and not be a danger to themselves or others
- Applicant must be medication compliant and able to administer their own medication
- If a previous resident, be in good standing with The Heron
How to Apply:
- Complete the Referral and Application Form. To request an applicaiton and/or referral, please contact The Heron at (305) 743-4129 or Email Us.
- No alcohol or illegal drug use allowed, residents must agree to random drug testing
- Resident must agree to follow house rules
- Residents must keep themselves and living areas clean
- Residents must respect one another
- Pay client fee in a timely manner
- Location: 67 Coco Plum Drive, Marathon, Florida 33050
- Phone: (305) 743-4129
- Social Media / Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/The-Heron/114771141882604
- Case Management/Services Coordination: Mental Health (Adults)
- Case Management/Services Coordination: Mental Health (Children and Adolescents)
- Community Integration: Psychological Rehabilitation (Consumer-Run)
- Crisis Stabilization: Mental Health (Adults)
- Detoxification: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults)
- Diversion/Intervention: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Criminal Justice)
- Outpatient Treatment: Integrated: AOD/MH (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Integrated: AOD/MH (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Children and Adolescents)
Guidance/Care Center Inc., is partially funded by:
- Florida Department of Children and Families
- Thriving Minds South Florida contracting as SFBHN
- Monroe County
- Commission for Transportation Disadvantaged
- and other governmental/private entities.
Client fees and donations are also necessary for the operation of the Guidance/Care Center Inc. Private donations are welcome and are tax deductible
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, color, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or marital status.