Care Center, Inc.
Helping People Cope.
Helping People Change.
The Heron, Assisted Living Facility Program (#ALF8523)
The Heron was opened in 1988 in response to the needs of local families and is a 16 bed Assisted Living Facility with a limited mental health license (#AL8523). Located in Marathon, the Heron provides room and board along with supportive services including transportation, medication management, social activities and links to mental health professionals.
- Affordable housing including 3 meals a day and snacks
- 24 hour availability of staff
- Furnished rooms
- Supportive services
- supervision of medications
- maintenance of an alcohol and drug-free enviornment
- transportation to doctor's appointments, shopping and other activities
- transportation to the Day Treatment Clubhouse at the Guidance/Care Center, Inc
- group outings and activities
- Applicant must have a primary diagnosis of Mental Illness
- Applicant must not have a recent history of violence/aggression and not be a danger to themselves or others
- Applicant must be medication compliant and able to administer their own medication
- If a previous resident, be in good standing with The Heron
How to Apply:
- Complete the Referral and Application Form. To request an applicaiton and/or referral, please contact The Heron at (305) 743-4129 or Email Us.
- No alcohol or illegal drug use allowed, residents must agree to random drug testing
- Resident must agree to follow house rules
- Residents must keep themselves and living areas clean
- Residents must respect one another
- Pay client fee in a timely manner
- Location: 67 Coco Plum Drive, Marathon, Florida 33050
- Phone: (305) 743-4129
- Social Media / Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/The-Heron/114771141882604
- Case Management/Services Coordination: Mental Health (Adults)
- Community Integration: Mental Health (Adults)
- Community Integration: Psychological Rehabilitation (Adults)
- Crisis Stabilization
- Outpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Children and Adolescents)
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, color, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or marital status.