Care Center, Inc.
Helping People Cope.
Helping People Change.
Personal Growth Center
In 1994, The Guidance/Care Center (GCC) established the Personal Growth Center (PGC) to provide day treatment and drop-in services for the chronically mentally ill. PGC initially was housed in a triple-wide modular unit on the property of GCC headquarters and in 2003 was moved into a permanent structure on GCC headquarters property. PGC has a membership of over 50 individuals who meet the following characteristics: adults (18 years and older) living in Monroe County, diagnosed with a serious and persistent mental health disorder, may have a concomitant substance use disorder, and may be homeless. The facility is used 7 days a week for drop-in services. Monday thru Friday programming includes psychosocial rehabilitation, therapy, and peer support.
- 18 years or older
- Current diagnosis or history of mental illness
- Wiliness to share ownership in the clubhouse
Persons Most Able to Benefit from this Program:
- Individuals recently discharged from a crisis unit
- Individuals desiring to learn employment skills and decision making skills
- Individuals desiring to teach and learn from each other
- Psychosocial rehabilitation
- Education for members and families
- Meaningful work in 3 departments
- Small Business
- Food Service
- Social Activities
- Nutrition and Wellness Education
- Basic living skills training
- Supportive employment opportunities
- Peer support
- Self Advocacy
- Services are tailored to the strengths, needs, abilities and preferences of the consumer
- Services promote personal responsibility
- Treatment planning and related services to be provided occurs directly with the consumer
- Goals of services are not the sole responsibility of a single staff person or a lone consumer, but are the responsibility shared by all in an active partnership with the consumer
- Location: Personal Growth Center in Marathon
- Phone: (305) 434-7660
Adobe Acrobat required to open report
March 2007 News
- Case Management/Services Coordination: Mental Health (Adults)
- Community Integration: Mental Health (Adults)
- Community Integration: Psychological Rehabilitation (Adults)
- Crisis Stabilization
- Outpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Children and Adolescents)
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, color, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or marital status.