Care Center, Inc.
Helping People Cope.
Helping People Change.
GCC provides two transitional mental health beds to serve the mentally ill adult population of Monroe County. The purpose of the Residential Level 1 program is to provide a less restrictive therapeutic program for mentally ill adults who require a 24-hour structured and supervised live-in setting. The Residential Level 1 beds are licensed by the State of Florida Agency for Health Care Administration (ACHA). The program is located on the Crisis Stabilization Unit at GCC in Marathon, FL.
- 18 yrs or older
- Mental health diagnosis
- Capable of self care and ambulatory
- Able to participate in treatment planning and services
Persons Most Able to Benefit from this Program:
- Individual in recovery who has a mental health or co-occurring diagnosis and needs a structured environment
- Individual awaiting placement to a treatment facility
- Major medical conditions
- Chronic inappropriate disruptive behaviors
- 24/7 nurse and tech support
- Medication administration and vital signs
- Medical oversight
- Individualized recovery plan
- Treatment planning and related services to be provided occurs directly with the client
- Services are tailored to the strengths, needs, abilities and preferences of the client
- Services promote personal responsibility
- Goals of treatment are not the sole responsibility of a single staff person or a lone consumer, but are the responsibility shared by all in an active partnership with the client
- Contact Person: Unit Director
- Location: Marathon, FL
- Phone: (305) 434-7660
- Case Management/Services Coordination: Mental Health (Adults)
- Community Integration: Mental Health (Adults)
- Community Integration: Psychological Rehabilitation (Adults)
- Crisis Stabilization
- Outpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Children and Adolescents)
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, color, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or marital status.