Care Center, Inc.
Helping People Cope.
Helping People Change.
Prevention and School-Based Services
Guidance/Care Center (GCC) provides school based services through the services of Life Skill Counselors with offices at Coral Shores and Key West High Schools. School based services also include mobile school counselors who travel to other schools and prevention programs. These counselors can address mental health issues, substance abuse issues and those at risk of substance abuse. Teachers, guidance counselors, school resource officers, parents, and children themselves may refer for services.
- Students enrolled in Monroe County Schools
Persons Most Able to Benefit from this Service:
- Children and youth who have a mental health diagnosis, substance abuse issues or are at risk for developing substance abuse
- Individual and group counseling by Life Skill counselor that focus on risk reduction, promotion of protective factors and reduction of problem behaviors at school
- Outreach and substance abuse education
- Prevention Programs
- Too Good for Drugs - Evidence Based Program available at all Monroe County High Schools, Big Pine Charter School and Stanley Switlik
- Teen Intervene - Evidence Based Program available at all Monroe County High Schools and to residents of the Florida Key s Children Shelter
- Intervention - Address impact of substance abuse on student lives, their families, and promotes healthy decision making
- Crisis counseling
School Year Programs
- Hours of Operation: Marathon High School 7:30 to 3:30
Switlik School 8:30 to 4:30
- Phone: (305) 434-7660
- Hours of Operation: June 11 through July 13, 2007 8:00 to 1:30
- Location: Switlik School
- Case Management/Services Coordination: Mental Health (Adults)
- Community Integration: Mental Health (Adults)
- Community Integration: Psychological Rehabilitation (Adults)
- Crisis Stabilization
- Outpatient Treatment
- Outpatient Treatment: Alcohol and Other Drugs/Addictions (Children and Adolescents)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Adults)
- Outpatient Treatment: Mental Health (Children and Adolescents)
GCC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religion, color, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, or marital status.